The Roger Hatchuel Student Academy on Cannes Lions -perheeseen kuuluva, luovien alojen valmistumassa oleville opiskelijoille tarkoitettu 6-päiväinen ainutlaatuinen oppimisen ja ammatillisen kehittymisen sekä oman asiantuntijaverkoston kasvattamisen paikka. Academy kokoaa 30 tarkoin kriteerein valittua opiskelijaa yhteen Cannes Festival Creativityn aikana kesäkuussa 2024 Ranskan Cannesissa.
A unique learning experience designed to help students interested in pursuing a creative path in advertising launch their careers.
The Roger Hatchuel Student Academy is a 6-day global learning experience at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity designed for students approaching graduation. Since 2003, the Academy has been inspiring the next generation of creative leaders by giving them the tools, knowledge and connections they need to explore different creative avenues and launch their careers in the advertising and creative communications industry.
Who are we looking for – The Ideal Student Profile
- 18-25 years old (born on or after 21 June 1998) and graduating in 2024
- Interested in pursuing advertising and creative communications
- Personality: Evidence of being a creative thinker, curiosity, a leader, entrepreneurial nature, storyteller, culturally in tune with society, the industry and current affairs
- Community impact / solving problems in the community, schools or families
- Diversity: The Cannes Lions School aspires to be a talent incubator of creative potential that is fully representative. We strive to create a learning environment that is not just diverse by country, but also diverse in thought, gender, experience, culture, and socioeconomic status.
- Fluent English speaker: Able to confidently contribute to class discussions in English
- Permission to attend the full course (Sun 16 – Fri 21 June 2024)
Possible Areas of Study
- 2nd February 2024: deadline for applications
- month of February 2024: judging
- 8th-15th March 2024: winners notified
- 2nd April 2024: RHSA class of 2024 announced
- 16th – 21st June 2024: RHSA course in Cannes
Benefits of Attending
- Customised Programme: The Academy program is led and curated by industry experts. The sessions and topics students will explore are designed to help them launch their career and get a head start in the industry.
- Hands-on Learning: The program includes workshops and interactive activities designed to bring learning to life and leave students with practical takeaways.
- Exclusive Environment: An opportunity to learn first-hand from major industry luminaries in a private classroom setting. Students will ask them their burning questions and learn how they got to the top.
- World-Class Discussions: Students will gain new perspectives and unpack each session as they participate in daily debriefs guided by their Programme Leaders
- Festival Access: Complete access to the Cannes Lions Festival where they will be inspired by award-winning work, hear from premier speakers, and can attend the awards shows and networking events
Serfi is the Founder & CEO of Idea Bakery, a boutique global consultancy and training company with HQ in Atlanta and network members around the World. At Idea Bakery, she has been baking creative strategies with bespoke recipes for her blue chip global and regional clients for 13 years.
Serfi began her career almost 30 years ago at Procter & Gamble Turkey. She led brand strategy & communications for North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa for P&G’s 8 billion-dollar brands to award-winning critical acclaim. She became the first Training Head for Central Eastern Europe Middle East Africa for P&G and later the Training Head for North America where she led training curriculum, content, and delivery for all Marketers for a total of 6 years. After she left P&G, she continued her passion at the Young Marketers Academy of Cannes Lions as a Tutor four years in a row.
Serfi has taken on many jury member roles like the Euro-Effies over the years. She is a regular speaker at some of the world’s most respected brand-strategy forums, universities, and events. Serfi is a contemporary art collector who is recently into crypto art. She loves to bake her Mom’s apple pie with her daughter Alara, and enjoy it with some Turkish coffee, when she is not baking ideas for global brands and local gems.
Expectations for the Students
The Roger Hatchuel Academy is an intensive learning programme and students are expected to give their all to maximize their takeaways from the experience.
An Roger Hatchuel student needs to be:
- Punctual: Arrive on time, prepared and focused
- Driven: motivated to succeed, willing to try new things and able to ask great questions and self-reflect
- Enthusiastic: positive demeanour
- Inclusive: accepting of others and able to work with and value people from different backgrounds
The scholarship package for the chosen students will include
- flights Helsinki – Nice – Helsinki and transfers to and from Cannes
- accommodation 16.-21.6.2024 in Cannes
- meal costs provided 50 €/day
Students will be judged on their:
- Creativity (25%)
- Suitability for course (level of English, personality, understanding of RH values) (25%)
- Video (presentation, editing, flow) (25%)
- Story / storytelling (25%)
We’ll be reviewing hundreds of applications from all over the world. How can you stand out from the crowd? Your video should show us who you are and how you’re creative.
Be memorable. Show us your personality, your passion and your creativity. Tell us why you deserve the golden ticket to Cannes Lions.
- Be creative (video format, storytelling, design & edit)
- Tell YOUR story and make it PERSONAL
- Tell us WHY you should attend the Academy
- Be bold, challenging, humble, smart and inspiring.
- Research and understanding of the RHSA values is a plus!
How to apply
As part of the application, you must upload:
- A CV
- A 2 minute video showing us who you are, how you are creative and why you deserve a space at the Academy (The duration of the video must not exceed a maximum of 2 minutes.)
- A photo to feature on our website if you are selected
Send your video application with the attachments before 2.2.2024 to: maarit.aarrekangas (@) marketingfinland.fi.